O’s captain, Widdowson and Harrold extend stay with club
- Credit: Archant
Jobi McAnuff has agreed a new one-year deal while Joe Widdowson has signed a contract until the summer of 2021
Leyton Orient have retained the services of Jobi McAnuff, Joe Widdowson and Matt Harrold for next season in League Two.
The trio were key in Justin Edinburgh's team which won the National League title this campaign.
While McAnuff and Widdowson were out of contract on June 30th, the duo stated to this title they hoped to remain at Brisbane Road.
And two days after the O's season officially came to a close, they have put pen to paper on new terms alongside Harrold.
You may also want to watch:
McAnuff's contract is until the end of the 2019/20 campaign with the captain eager to show his worth again in the Football League.
Widdowson, meanwhile, after an outstanding consistent term, has signed for another two years in E10.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
Harrold, who turned into Orient's super-sub this season, will continue his spell at Brisbane Road after signing a new one-year deal.
The club have offered new contracts to Jamie Turley and James Dayton as well and academy players Arthur Janata, Jayden Sweeney, Hector Kyprianou and Brendon Shabani are expected to sign professional terms this month.