Jobs: Construction role for candidate thanks to Tower Hamlets Council
- Credit: Archant
A candidate is on the path to his goal of being a project manager thanks to an apprenticeship scheme offered by Tower Hamlets Council.
Jerome Bertram, 19, from Tower Hamlets, is enrolled on a business and admin apprenticeship with Guildmore construction, where he is gaining on-the-job experience in his chosen field.
The role sees Jerome help run the site office by answering calls, sending emails, keeping the office tidy for client visits and making sure documentation is up-to-date and filed correctly.
Jerome secured the post after signing up for the council’s Skillsmatch service.
He said: “They introduced this apprenticeship to me and I was really enthusiastic. I applied as I thought it would be a great way to get my foot in the door of construction.
You may also want to watch:
“As I had zero experience within an office, I felt that this apprenticeship would not only enhance my skills within an office based environment, but it would also give me an insight within the management side of construction.”
He added: “I would definitely recommend the employment scheme I used as it gives young people an opportunity of a lifetime which is hard to come by in this day in age.”
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
For more information visit towerhamlets.gov.uk/careers