Jobs: Construction role for candidate thanks to Tower Hamlets Council
- Credit: Archant
A candidate is on the path to his goal of being a project manager thanks to an apprenticeship scheme offered by Tower Hamlets Council.
Jerome Bertram, 19, from Tower Hamlets, is enrolled on a business and admin apprenticeship with Guildmore construction, where he is gaining on-the-job experience in his chosen field.
The role sees Jerome help run the site office by answering calls, sending emails, keeping the office tidy for client visits and making sure documentation is up-to-date and filed correctly.
Jerome secured the post after signing up for the council’s Skillsmatch service.
He said: “They introduced this apprenticeship to me and I was really enthusiastic. I applied as I thought it would be a great way to get my foot in the door of construction.
You may also want to watch:
“As I had zero experience within an office, I felt that this apprenticeship would not only enhance my skills within an office based environment, but it would also give me an insight within the management side of construction.”
He added: “I would definitely recommend the employment scheme I used as it gives young people an opportunity of a lifetime which is hard to come by in this day in age.”
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 5 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 6 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 10 Stolen bikes being recycled in Mile End by police
For more information visit towerhamlets.gov.uk/careers