Jobs: East London job-seekers offered apprenticeship with City firm
- Credit: Archant
A new apprenticeship scheme is looking for candidates in east London who want to pick up new skills with a City firm.
T. Rowe Price, an independent investment management firm, has launched the scheme for 12-month apprenticeships in IT support and equity trading departments of its London HQ.
Candidates are sought from east London and Islington as part of the strategy to tackle unemployment, and will receive a London Living Wage plus clothing and travel allowance.
The scheme is a collaboration with the East London Business Alliance (ELBA), which offers a range of training and support in partnership with leading companies.
Shernade Benn, employment specialist at ELBA, said: “The apprentices will benefit from a great financial package, as well as accredited learning and mentoring throughout their year with the firm.
You may also want to watch:
“This is an apprenticeship scheme that T. Rowe Price can be justifiably proud of.”
Mandy Maskell, business services manager for T. Rowe Price, said: “We place great emphasis on integrating our corporate social responsibility efforts throughout our global operations. I’m delighted to be involved in this exciting initiative.”
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus
For more information or to apply for the scheme visit elba-1.org.uk.