Jobs fund helps East London school-leavers find work
JOBS are being created for school-leavers to get them off the dole. Around 450 are being set up in East London as part of the Government’s Jobs Fund’ programme
JOBS are being created for school-leavers to get them off the dole.
Around 450 are being set up in East London as part of the Government's 'Jobs Fund' programme.
London East Connexions Partnership won its bid to create jobs in Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Newham, Waltham Forest, and Barking & Dagenham, including a community marketing support assistant and community admin support officer.
The Partnership provides projects offering advice, guidance and support to youngsters aged 13 to 19.
You may also want to watch:
The 'Jobs Fund' is handing out cash for 170,000 jobs across the UK, including 120,000 for youngsters and 50,000 for unemployment hotspots.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided