Jobs: housing association offers Tower Hamlets apprenticeships
- Credit: Archant
An east London housing association is offering people in Tower Hamlets the chance to improve their skills and gain on-the-job experience with a new apprenticeship scheme.
Swan Housing Association (SHA), which manages more than 10,000 homes in east London and Essex, is marking its 20th anniversary by creating 20 openings for apprentices.
The places are available to people of any age, including residents of Swan homes, and candidates can go on to careers in construction, administration, horticulture, caretaking or health and social care.
Hannah Potter, 20, who applied for an apprenticeship earlier this year, said: “Swan have been very supportive and during my apprenticeship I greatly improved my skills and confidence while receiving excellent opportunities to learn.”
Hannah has since become a full-time member of staff, with a job as an income administration officer, while continuing her studies.
You may also want to watch:
John Synnuck, chief executive of SHA, said: “Whether they have just left school or are looking to get back into employment, we will support our apprentices to help them get what they want from this experience.”
For more information call 01277 844 753 or visit swan.org.uk.
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 3 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 6 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 7 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 8 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 9 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 10 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision