Jobs: housing association offers Tower Hamlets apprenticeships
- Credit: Archant
An east London housing association is offering people in Tower Hamlets the chance to improve their skills and gain on-the-job experience with a new apprenticeship scheme.
Swan Housing Association (SHA), which manages more than 10,000 homes in east London and Essex, is marking its 20th anniversary by creating 20 openings for apprentices.
The places are available to people of any age, including residents of Swan homes, and candidates can go on to careers in construction, administration, horticulture, caretaking or health and social care.
Hannah Potter, 20, who applied for an apprenticeship earlier this year, said: “Swan have been very supportive and during my apprenticeship I greatly improved my skills and confidence while receiving excellent opportunities to learn.”
Hannah has since become a full-time member of staff, with a job as an income administration officer, while continuing her studies.
You may also want to watch:
John Synnuck, chief executive of SHA, said: “Whether they have just left school or are looking to get back into employment, we will support our apprentices to help them get what they want from this experience.”
For more information call 01277 844 753 or visit swan.org.uk.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided