Jobs: housing association offers Tower Hamlets apprenticeships
- Credit: Archant
An east London housing association is offering people in Tower Hamlets the chance to improve their skills and gain on-the-job experience with a new apprenticeship scheme.
Swan Housing Association (SHA), which manages more than 10,000 homes in east London and Essex, is marking its 20th anniversary by creating 20 openings for apprentices.
The places are available to people of any age, including residents of Swan homes, and candidates can go on to careers in construction, administration, horticulture, caretaking or health and social care.
Hannah Potter, 20, who applied for an apprenticeship earlier this year, said: “Swan have been very supportive and during my apprenticeship I greatly improved my skills and confidence while receiving excellent opportunities to learn.”
Hannah has since become a full-time member of staff, with a job as an income administration officer, while continuing her studies.
You may also want to watch:
John Synnuck, chief executive of SHA, said: “Whether they have just left school or are looking to get back into employment, we will support our apprentices to help them get what they want from this experience.”
For more information call 01277 844 753 or visit swan.org.uk.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines