Jobs: Isle of Dogs man lands job as caretaker for Bancroft Estate
- Credit: Archant
An East End man has landed a job as a caretaker on a Bethnal Green housing estate.
Steve Patterson, 32, from the Isle of Dogs, is working for Bancroft TMC, a tenant management co-operative on the Bancroft estate.
Steve makes sure the gardens are kept free of weeds and litter, puts the bins out for the waste management team to collect and jet washes the walkways and communal areas.
He also ensures the blocks are clean and tidy and that there are no obstructions on the walkways.
He applied for the role through Skillsmatch, and following support in the process from his job advisor Chris Lewis, he managed to secure an interview and was offered the role.
You may also want to watch:
Steve he likes being able to give something back to the community where he lives.
“I’d like to have a full time, permanent job with them as it’s a temporary contract at the moment,” he said.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 4 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 9 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 10 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
He added that he would like to get a flat nearer to where he works
“Skillsmatch were a great support, they were really helpful and friendly,” he added.
Skillsmatch is based in Canary Wharf and helps jobseekers with training and finding roles with city firms.
For more information call 020 7364 3727