Jobs: Isle of Dogs man lands job as caretaker for Bancroft Estate
- Credit: Archant
An East End man has landed a job as a caretaker on a Bethnal Green housing estate.
Steve Patterson, 32, from the Isle of Dogs, is working for Bancroft TMC, a tenant management co-operative on the Bancroft estate.
Steve makes sure the gardens are kept free of weeds and litter, puts the bins out for the waste management team to collect and jet washes the walkways and communal areas.
He also ensures the blocks are clean and tidy and that there are no obstructions on the walkways.
He applied for the role through Skillsmatch, and following support in the process from his job advisor Chris Lewis, he managed to secure an interview and was offered the role.
You may also want to watch:
Steve he likes being able to give something back to the community where he lives.
“I’d like to have a full time, permanent job with them as it’s a temporary contract at the moment,” he said.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
He added that he would like to get a flat nearer to where he works
“Skillsmatch were a great support, they were really helpful and friendly,” he added.
Skillsmatch is based in Canary Wharf and helps jobseekers with training and finding roles with city firms.
For more information call 020 7364 3727