Jobs: Sade gets career boost with Tower Hamlets apprenticeship
- Credit: Archant
A young woman is closer to her dream of becoming a project manager, thanks to an apprenticeship scheme offered by Tower Hamlets Council.
Sade Hall, 20, from Tower Hamlets, is an apprentice with construction company Guildmore and is gaining on-the-job experience in her chosen career.
In her role Sade helps to run the site office by answering phone calls, sending emails, keeping the office tidy for client visits and making sure that documentation is up to date and filed correctly.
She was referred to the scheme under the council’s Skillsmatch service.
She said: “The position I was given provides a great foundation for the running of a site and all the paperwork that’s done behind the whole array of construction. I’m able to interact with many individuals all with a different role to play.
You may also want to watch:
“This gives me a basic insight on each position, all differing massively but come together to create a strong working force, which is emphasised working on such a historical building as the Poplar Baths.”
Sade added: “I would recommend this employment scheme to anyone who is serious about a career path in construction.”
- 1 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 2 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 6 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
For more visit towerhamlets.gov.uk/careers.