Jobs: Sade gets career boost with Tower Hamlets apprenticeship
- Credit: Archant
A young woman is closer to her dream of becoming a project manager, thanks to an apprenticeship scheme offered by Tower Hamlets Council.
Sade Hall, 20, from Tower Hamlets, is an apprentice with construction company Guildmore and is gaining on-the-job experience in her chosen career.
In her role Sade helps to run the site office by answering phone calls, sending emails, keeping the office tidy for client visits and making sure that documentation is up to date and filed correctly.
She was referred to the scheme under the council’s Skillsmatch service.
She said: “The position I was given provides a great foundation for the running of a site and all the paperwork that’s done behind the whole array of construction. I’m able to interact with many individuals all with a different role to play.
You may also want to watch:
“This gives me a basic insight on each position, all differing massively but come together to create a strong working force, which is emphasised working on such a historical building as the Poplar Baths.”
Sade added: “I would recommend this employment scheme to anyone who is serious about a career path in construction.”
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 5 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 6 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 7 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 8 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 9 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
For more visit towerhamlets.gov.uk/careers.