Jobs: Young people receive career guidance in Mile End
- Credit: Rehan Jamil
More than 80 young people went to the MyFuture event in Mile End to receive help and support to give them the best start in their careers.
The event, run by Tower Hamlets Council’s Targeted Youth Support team, for 16 to 19-year-olds who are not in education, employment or training, and under 25s with special needs or learning disabilities, took place at Mile End Ecology Pavilion on June 26, with more than 20 organisations offering training and employment opportunities.
Many other young people were able to speak with employers and training providers who were looking to recruit local talent for jobs, apprenticeships and courses.
Aleena Khanom, 17, said: “Before coming today I was really unsure about what I could do in the future.
“I’m pleased I came down today as I’ve had the opportunity to speak to some people and I have a better understanding of my options.”
You may also want to watch:
The council’s Targeted Youth Support team have been working council and third sector partners to give teenagers a bright future.
Deputy Mayor Oliur Rahman, cabinet member for economic development, said: “It was great to meet with so many young people at an event which helps them plan their next move.”
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
For more contact the Targeted Youth Support team on 020 7364 5834 or email email@example.com