John Mackie excited about seeing Leyton Orient’s 2006 promotion winning squad this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A dinner to mark 10th anniversary of the successful 2005/06 campaign will take place at Brisbane Road
John Mackie is looking forward to being back with some old friends this weekend at Leyton Orient’s 10th anniversary dinner to mark their promotion in 2006.
The club revealed at the start of the year that on Sunday May 8 they would be getting the squad of the successful season 10 years ago back together.
It is a chance to remember one of the greatest days in the O’s history when they sealed automatic promotion from League Two.
Mackie, who captained the club, was one of the first names confirmed alongside forwards Gary Alexander and Lee Steele.
You may also want to watch:
He can’t wait for the anniversary dinner and to look back on their dramatic day at Oxford United when a 3-2 victory confirmed a top-three finish in the table.
“I’m really looking forward to seeing all the boys again on Sunday,” said Mackie, now assistant at Greenwich Borough alongside Alexander, who is manager.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
“To be honest I can’t believe it’s been 10 years! I’m sure it will be a good night catching up with friends.”
Orient have priced tickets for the dinner at £45 and only a handful are available, but to try and secure a place call 0871 310 1886 or email email@example.com.
Mackie expects around 15 of the 2006 promotion winning squad to be present for the evening at Brisbane Road.
After the disappointment of this season, it again provides O’s supporters with a chance to remember glories of years gone by.
The dinner will take place a day after Orient conclude their League Two campaign with an away match at Yeovil Town.