John Mackie, Gary Alexander and Kevin Lisbie return to Brisbane Road to play with Leyton Orient fans
- Credit: Archant
Play With A Legend are hosting another event at Brisbane Road with 45 places up for grabs on Monday May 8
Two of Leyton Orient’s heroes from the promotion-winning campaign of 2006 will return to Brisbane Road next month.
John Mackie, who captained the O’s during the 2005/06 season when they finished third in League Two, and Gary Alexander are coming back to east London to take part in another ‘Play with a Legend’ match.
Kevin Lisbie is also involved this time and it is sure to be another successful event at Brisbane Road.
The trio will go head-to-head alongside 45 Orient supporters with 15 playing the full 90 minutes and 30 involved for 45 minutes on Monday May 8.
You may also want to watch:
Mackie and Alexander will take each other on first before Alexander’s team then face Lisbie’s XI.
The final match to take place at Brisbane Road will see Lisbie’s side go head-to-head with Mackie’s team.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 4 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
A statement on the Play With A Legend website read: “Whilst it has been another difficult year in E10, we are pleased to be having another game at Brisbane Road at the end of the season.
“We’re thrilled to be joined by John Mackie, Gary Alexander and Kevin Lisbie, who will be your player managers for the day.
“This is your chance to join John, Gary and Kevin for a unique game on the full pitch and we are offering you the chance to live out your dream and run out at Brisbane Road onto the pitch where you watched your idols growing up.”
45 minutes of action is priced from £140 a person while 90 minutes of game time is priced from £245 per person.
Included is dressing room access, a personalised event kit with your name and number on it to keep, time on the pitch, energy drinks and bottled walker plus a professional photographer taking photos on the day.
Spectators tickets will be available on the day (cash only) with adults charged £7.50 and children £4, but under-fives go free.
Alexander is manager of Ryman South club Greenwich Borough, with Mackie as his assistant, but they will put friendship aside on May 8 and also take on former O’s fans favourite Lisbie.
For more information visit http://www.playwithalegend.com/leyton-orient-2017