Knee injury rules Koroma out of England C duty
- Credit: Archant
The O’s academy graduate will have to miss this week’s international friendly
Josh Koroma will have to sit out Wednesday’s England C match against Estonia’s under-23s at Leyton Orient’s Breyer Group Stadium due to a knee injury.
The 19-year-old has been impressive this season, scoring three times in 14 National League appearances and forming a strong partnership with Macauley Bonne.
O’s boss Justin Edinburgh revealed a knee injury kept Koroma out of Saturday’s 2-0 win at Maidenhead United and the club have now confirmed the attacker will not be linking up with England C.
It has not prevented Marvin Ekpiteta from joining up with Paul Fairclough’s 16-man group and he can expect to make his debut for his country this week.
You may also want to watch:
A club statement read: “Unfortunately a knee injury has forced Josh Koroma to withdraw from the squad for Wednesday, but you’ll still get the chance to see Marvin, the National League Player of the Month, done the famous Three Lions shirt.”
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 6 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals