Knee injury rules Koroma out of England C duty
- Credit: Archant
The O’s academy graduate will have to miss this week’s international friendly
Josh Koroma will have to sit out Wednesday’s England C match against Estonia’s under-23s at Leyton Orient’s Breyer Group Stadium due to a knee injury.
The 19-year-old has been impressive this season, scoring three times in 14 National League appearances and forming a strong partnership with Macauley Bonne.
O’s boss Justin Edinburgh revealed a knee injury kept Koroma out of Saturday’s 2-0 win at Maidenhead United and the club have now confirmed the attacker will not be linking up with England C.
It has not prevented Marvin Ekpiteta from joining up with Paul Fairclough’s 16-man group and he can expect to make his debut for his country this week.
You may also want to watch:
A club statement read: “Unfortunately a knee injury has forced Josh Koroma to withdraw from the squad for Wednesday, but you’ll still get the chance to see Marvin, the National League Player of the Month, done the famous Three Lions shirt.”
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 5 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 6 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 7 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 8 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing
- 9 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries