Wright returns to Orient for third time
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
The midfielder has signed for the O’s on a two-year contract
Leyton Orient have completed the signing of former midfielder Josh Wright on a two-year deal.
The 29-year-old returns to Brisbane Road for a third time after two previous spells at the club while they were in League One.
Wright originally turned out for the O's in the 2013/14 campaign, but his loan lasted just two games before Millwall recalled him.
He returned to Orient again the following season, again on loan originally before he signed permanently, but was unable to prevent the club's relegation to League Two.
You may also want to watch:
Now the former Charlton Athletic ace has reunited with O's after a frustrating term at Bradford City last year.
It will be bittersweet for Wright though, with a big part of his Orient return the chance to link up with Justin Edinburgh again, after they worked together so successfully at Gillingham.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 5 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 6 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
He will not get that opportunity now due to the tragic death of the legendary O's boss, but Wright will be motivated to honour the memory of his old boss just like the rest of the current squad in E10.