Journalism students at University of East London meet ITV newsreader
- Credit: Archant
Journalism students at the University of East London received career advice from ITN newsreader Charlene White.
Ms White, who presents weekend bulletins for ITV News and ITV News London, spoke to the budding reporters about the joys and challenges of television news.
The students were set a brief to design a six-story running order for various news programmes and then write 45-second introductions for a lead story and deliver them to camera.
Charles Lambert, UEL’s senior journalism lecturer, said Ms White’s story of working two jobs while building contacts in TV news amazed the students.
He added: “It clearly made a massive impact on our journalists of the future.”
Gerard Gillen, a third-year journalism student at UEL, said: “It was really useful to have someone from the media come to talk to us about their experiences.”
Sports journalism student Sian Trimble-Davey, also in her third year, added: “She was really friendly and down-to-earth. It was a really interesting session.”
- 1 Tower Hamlets A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 2 Man, woman and child escape 'large' e-bike fire in Wapping flat by climbing out window
- 3 Plan to install gates at canalside development blocked despite ASB concerns
- 4 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 5 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 6 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Man reportedly 'chased by moped rider with large knife' in Poplar
- 9 Man 'seriously injured' after e-scooter fall
- 10 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
Ms White said: “It was great working with the students at UEL. They were passionate and really eager to learn.”
For more visit uel.ac.uk/study/courses/journalism.