Journalists of the future graduate from Bow media course
ASPIRING media stars from Bow celebrated their success at completing an accredited course run by Old Ford Housing Association s Eastside Youth Centre. The 13-19-year-olds participated in a four-month media course, which is carried out by Bethnal Green-bas
ASPIRING media stars from Bow celebrated their success at completing an accredited course run by Old Ford Housing Association's Eastside Youth Centre.
The 13-19-year-olds participated in a four-month media course, which is carried out by Bethnal Green-based charity Headliners Media.
Participants of the course were trained in various aspects of media and journalism, including research, interviewing and production skills.
Graduates proudly accepted their OCN award in 'introduction to journalism', the equivalent to GSCE grade 'C'.
You may also want to watch:
The media course is part of the Eastside Youth Centre's wider programme of training courses for young people.
A range of activities are offered including dance, music tutoring and a variety of sports including football and rugby. Many young people achieve accreditations and move on into training and employment.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 9 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 10 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
Youth co-ordinator Sharon Fairclough, said: "We are really pleased with the success of the media course.
"This is such a good group of young people to work with and it's great to see them get their qualification. They all deserve it.