Jubilee Line avoids total shut-down this weekend
THE Jubilee Line on the London Underground won’t be shutting down completely this weekend, frustrated passengers may be relieved to hear. Trains are running tomorrow (Sat) between North Greenwich and Waterloo and Sunday between Stratford and Waterloo
THE Jubilee Line on the London Underground won’t be shutting down completely this weekend, frustrated passengers may be relieved to hear.
The line that’s notoriously closed almost every Saturday and Sunday for the past year-and-a-half for upgrading was scheduled to be shut along its entire length yet again.
But Tube Lines, the contractors upgrading the Jubilee, have told Underground bosses they will be not be able to use a full weekend closure.
So trains are running tomorrow (Saturday) between North Greenwich and Waterloo and on Sunday between Stratford and Waterloo. But elsewhere the line is still off track.
You may also want to watch:
Tube Lines have had around 120 weekend or part-weekend closures, compared with an original prediction of only 50 being needed. They have persistently claimed they’ve not been given enough access to get the job done.
Transport bosses vowed this week to continue holding Tube Lines to account on their commitments.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs