Jubilee Line avoids total shut-down this weekend
THE Jubilee Line on the London Underground won’t be shutting down completely this weekend, frustrated passengers may be relieved to hear. Trains are running tomorrow (Sat) between North Greenwich and Waterloo and Sunday between Stratford and Waterloo
THE Jubilee Line on the London Underground won’t be shutting down completely this weekend, frustrated passengers may be relieved to hear.
The line that’s notoriously closed almost every Saturday and Sunday for the past year-and-a-half for upgrading was scheduled to be shut along its entire length yet again.
But Tube Lines, the contractors upgrading the Jubilee, have told Underground bosses they will be not be able to use a full weekend closure.
So trains are running tomorrow (Saturday) between North Greenwich and Waterloo and on Sunday between Stratford and Waterloo. But elsewhere the line is still off track.
You may also want to watch:
Tube Lines have had around 120 weekend or part-weekend closures, compared with an original prediction of only 50 being needed. They have persistently claimed they’ve not been given enough access to get the job done.
Transport bosses vowed this week to continue holding Tube Lines to account on their commitments.
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 6 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 7 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 8 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 9 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 10 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?