Jump the queues for Tower Hamlets festivals this spring by working as a volunteer
Young people in Tower Hamlets can grab an opportunity to get into festivals for free this spring and gain some valuable experience at the same time.
The Festival Faces scheme will provide training involving role play games, confidence building and team exercises, designed to develop the skills required at events.
Successful applicants aged 16 to 19 will then work in groups at one of the borough’s festivals in May and June and learn about the organisation going on behind-the-scenes of the carnival atmosphere.
The project is funded by Tower Hamlet’s council’s You Decide programme which allows people in the borough to pick how extra funding is spent and will be run by East London performing arts company, Theatre Venture.
Festivals where you could get a back-stage view include the Baishakhi Mela which celebrates Bengali New Year, the Paradise Gardens festival in Victoria Park and the 1001 Arabian Nights production.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Murray, the council’s head of arts and events, said: “If you are interested in pursuing a career in event management or just enjoy attending art events then Festival Faces will be perfect for you.”
Participants will also be placed on the Fest-List which allows festival organisers to get in touch with young volunteers.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
There are spaces for seventy young people to join the scheme and the deadline for applications is February 21.
To download an application pack or for further details visit theatre-venture.org or call 020 8519 6678.