Orient issue update on Edinburgh, who remains in hospital
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The club again reiterated their request that the privacy of Justin Edinburgh’s family is respected
Leyton Orient have provided a slight update on Justin Edinburgh's health, close to a week after he was admitted to hospital.
The club announced on Monday the 49-year-old has fallen ill unexpectedly and a day later thanked the football community for its plethora of well wishes.
Orient also added at the time: "We are supporting the Edinburgh family closely, and the club's medical team is liaising with the specialist staff at the hospital where he is receiving the best possible care."
A new statement from the League Two outfit was published this Saturday morning and they again requested privacy for the family of the former Spurs defender.
You may also want to watch:
"Leyton Orient continues to liaise with the Edinburgh family closely and Justin remains as per the update posted on June 4, 2019," a club statement read.
"We would like to reiterate our request that the privacy of Justin's family is respected at this difficult time. Once again, we'd like to thank the footballing world for their continued support and well wishes."
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto