O’s boss Edinburgh wins National League accolade for November
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient won 10 points out of a possible 12 in the month and moved to the top of the table
Leyton Orient head coach Justin Edinburgh has won the National League manager of the month award for November.
The 48-year-old has been rewarded for leading O’s to the top of the standings and also guiding them through the month unbeaten.
Orient started November with an excellent 3-1 win away to AFC Fylde, who had not lost at home before the E10 outfit arrived.
Two weeks later and Edinburgh helped his team channel their energy on an emotional afternoon to see off Bromley 3-1 in their special commemorative kit, which was a nod to the club’s history in World War One.
You may also want to watch:
A trip to fellow promotion rivals Wrexham was up next and again Orient showed their mettle with a superb 2-0 away win against another side who were unbeaten at home before the contest.
The O’s were held to a goalless draw at home to Aldershot Town days later, but the result failed to knock Edinburgh’s team off top spot.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 6 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
Even despite the draw, Orient still boasted the best record of any side in the division during November with 10 points claimed from 12 games.
It is therefore just reward Edinburgh has been recognised for the club’s superb form, but he will hope to continue it throughout December now.