Memorial service to celebrate Edinburgh’s life to take place
- Credit: Archant
A service at Chelmsford Cathedral on July 16 will provide the opportunity for many to pay their respects to the O’s late head coach
Leyton Orient have confirmed a memorial service to celebrate the life of Justin Edinburgh will take place at Chelmsford Cathedral on Tuesday, July 16.
The former Tottenham Hotspur defender passed away on Saturday, June 8 after he suffered a cardiac arrest earlier in the month.
An official club statement by O's read: "This service will provide the opportunity for many to pay their respects towards the much-loved 49-year-old.
"Justin's family and friends will join players and staff from Leyton Orient, along with representatives from across the footballing world for the memorial service which will start at 11am at Chelmsford Cathedral, Duke Street, Chelmsford, CM1 1EH.
You may also want to watch:
"Limited space will be available for supporters to attend inside the cathedral and as demand is expected to be particularly high, seats will be allocated via a ballot.
"Fans can apply for a maximum of two people per application and need to email Elizabeth Freeman on firstname.lastname@example.org, providing their full name and the full name of up to one other.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
"The closing date for the ballot will be midday on Thursday 4 July. Those with places will then be notified.
"The service will see family flowers only please, however, donations in lieu of flowers are welcomed to the Justin Edinburgh 3 Foundation."