Karla loses life battle—despite finding transplant donor
YOUNG mum Karla Neckles has lost her battle against leukaemia just days after a bone marrow match was found for her. She died at Bart’s Hospital after being diagnosed earlier this year
YOUNG mum Karla Neckles has lost her battle against leukaemia just days after a bone marrow match was found for her.
She died at Bart’s Hospital in the City after being diagnosed earlier this year. She leaves two young sons.
I*t follows an appeal in East London for donors by Debbie Finlay Lawrence, the grandmother of one of her children, seven-moth-old Josh.
Debbie had appealed to friends to register as potential donors with the Anthony Nolan Trust.
You may also want to watch:
A match for Karla was eventually found in Germany. But she was weakened by the leukaemia.
Karla died on Sunday before she could have the transplant.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 5 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 6 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
- 7 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 8 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 9 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient