Karla loses life battle—despite finding transplant donor
YOUNG mum Karla Neckles has lost her battle against leukaemia just days after a bone marrow match was found for her. She died at Bart’s Hospital after being diagnosed earlier this year
YOUNG mum Karla Neckles has lost her battle against leukaemia just days after a bone marrow match was found for her.
She died at Bart’s Hospital in the City after being diagnosed earlier this year. She leaves two young sons.
I*t follows an appeal in East London for donors by Debbie Finlay Lawrence, the grandmother of one of her children, seven-moth-old Josh.
Debbie had appealed to friends to register as potential donors with the Anthony Nolan Trust.
You may also want to watch:
A match for Karla was eventually found in Germany. But she was weakened by the leukaemia.
Karla died on Sunday before she could have the transplant.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 8 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 9 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 10 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids