Karla loses life battle—despite finding transplant donor
YOUNG mum Karla Neckles has lost her battle against leukaemia just days after a bone marrow match was found for her. She died at Bart’s Hospital after being diagnosed earlier this year
YOUNG mum Karla Neckles has lost her battle against leukaemia just days after a bone marrow match was found for her.
She died at Bart’s Hospital in the City after being diagnosed earlier this year. She leaves two young sons.
I*t follows an appeal in East London for donors by Debbie Finlay Lawrence, the grandmother of one of her children, seven-moth-old Josh.
Debbie had appealed to friends to register as potential donors with the Anthony Nolan Trust.
You may also want to watch:
A match for Karla was eventually found in Germany. But she was weakened by the leukaemia.
Karla died on Sunday before she could have the transplant.
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 9 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 10 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End