Karla loses life battle—despite finding transplant donor
YOUNG mum Karla Neckles has lost her battle against leukaemia just days after a bone marrow match was found for her. She died at Bart’s Hospital after being diagnosed earlier this year
YOUNG mum Karla Neckles has lost her battle against leukaemia just days after a bone marrow match was found for her.
She died at Bart’s Hospital in the City after being diagnosed earlier this year. She leaves two young sons.
I*t follows an appeal in East London for donors by Debbie Finlay Lawrence, the grandmother of one of her children, seven-moth-old Josh.
Debbie had appealed to friends to register as potential donors with the Anthony Nolan Trust.
You may also want to watch:
A match for Karla was eventually found in Germany. But she was weakened by the leukaemia.
Karla died on Sunday before she could have the transplant.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided