Kashket looking to earn his Wings
- Credit: Archant
Forward is third player to leave Brisbane Road on loan recently
Scott Kashket has become the latest Leyton Orient youngster to depart the club on-loan this week.
The 20-year-old has joined National League outfit Welling United on a one month youth loan.
A statement on the Wings official club website read: “Scott goes into tomorrow’s squad vs Cheltenham Town at Park View Road subject to paperwork being completed.”
O’s player-manager Kevin Nolan revealed recently that he would be looking to get some of the younger members of his squad some regular game time.
You may also want to watch:
Kashket is among a number of highly rated players at the club who have progressed through the youth ranks at Brisbane Road.
He has made the biggest impact of them all on the first team this season and scored his first professional goal against Oxford United on October 17.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
In total the forward has made 14 league appearances for Orient this year – starting once and made five further appearances in the cup competitions.
“Should be good for me going out on loan to Welling. Excited to get a couple more games under my belt over the next couple of weeks,” Kashket said on Twitter.
The club also announced earlier today that defender Aron Pollock has moved to Ryman Premier side Wingate & Finchley on a work experience loan.
He has been on the bench twice for the first team this season and joins Freddy Moncur at the north London club.
Moncur scored during his debut on Monday against Kingstonian and both will hope to feature against Dulwich Hamlet tomorrow.