Keen runner Tony competes in marathon for Age UK
A KEEN runner from Bow is competing in his first London Marathon to raise money for Age UK. Recruitment consultant Tony Vickers hopes to raise �1,500 for the new charity which combines Age Concern and Help the Aged. The 30-year-old has already compete
A KEEN runner from Bow is competing in his first London Marathon to raise money for Age UK.
Recruitment consultant Tony Vickers hopes to raise �1,500 for the new charity which combines Age Concern and Help the Aged.
The 30-year-old has already competed in a range of running events, including half marathons but this is the first time he will have followed the 26 mile course through the streets of London.
He said: "I've always wanted to take part in the London Marathon, and by running for Age UK, I'm making a difference at the same time. I passionately believe that older people deserve our support -- so the charity is very important to me. I'd encourage anyone with their own place to get involved and join the team!"
Anyone who wants to support can sponsor him via www.justgiving.com/Tony-Vickers.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 7 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 8 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget