Keen runner Tony competes in marathon for Age UK
A KEEN runner from Bow is competing in his first London Marathon to raise money for Age UK. Recruitment consultant Tony Vickers hopes to raise �1,500 for the new charity which combines Age Concern and Help the Aged. The 30-year-old has already compete
A KEEN runner from Bow is competing in his first London Marathon to raise money for Age UK.
Recruitment consultant Tony Vickers hopes to raise �1,500 for the new charity which combines Age Concern and Help the Aged.
The 30-year-old has already competed in a range of running events, including half marathons but this is the first time he will have followed the 26 mile course through the streets of London.
He said: "I've always wanted to take part in the London Marathon, and by running for Age UK, I'm making a difference at the same time. I passionately believe that older people deserve our support -- so the charity is very important to me. I'd encourage anyone with their own place to get involved and join the team!"
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wants to support can sponsor him via www.justgiving.com/Tony-Vickers.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 4 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 5 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 6 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 7 Protest rally over Uyghur Muslims planned at China’s new Royal Mint embassy
- 8 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End