Kids’ 2012 Olympics project gets international award
A CHILDREN’S Olympics construction’ project in East London has scooped an international communications award. project run for schools in the five host’ boroughs won the International Visual Communications Experiential Campaign’ title for its ethical and inclusive communications’
A CHILDREN'S Olympics 'construction' project in East London has scooped an international communications award.
The 'Construction Crew' project run for schools in the five 'host' boroughs surrounding the construction site won the International Visual Communications Association 'Experiential Campaign' title for its 'ethical and inclusive communications.'
"It's tremendously rewarding seeing the project recognised with an international award," said Olympics chairman John Armitt. "The project has proved an incredibly effective way for schools to get involved with the building phase of the 2012 Games."
The project gives pupils a chance to see progress being made at the Olympic Park first-hand and to take part in workshops to promote leadership and presentation skills. They are encouraged to take their new skills back to school and make presentations to other pupils.
You may also want to watch:
The project launched last year has expanded this month from eight schools to 20 in the 'host' boroughs of Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Newham, Waltham Forest and Greenwich.
- 1 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 2 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 5 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 6 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 7 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 10 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges