Kids discover what lies beneath at East End wildlife discovery day
POND dippers discovered what lurks beneath the surface of the River Lea when they dunked their nets into the water last week. More than 60 people turned up for Thames21 s Waterway Wildlife Discovery Day at Three Mills Island in Bromley-by-Bow on Thursday.
POND dippers discovered what lurks beneath the surface of the River Lea when they dunked their nets into the water last week.
More than 60 people turned up for Thames21's Waterway Wildlife Discovery Day at Three Mills Island in Bromley-by-Bow on Thursday.
Children dipped into the Lea and examined their findings as well as looking at fish with an underwater camera.
Thames21 spokesman James Aldous said: "This is not normally the type of thing we do but we'll be doing much more of it in the future.
You may also want to watch:
"Until now our work has been more focussed on cleaning up the Thames but it's great to see what wildlife lives there as well."
The next Thames21 clean up will be to clear up litter from the foreshore at the Isle of Dogs on Friday, April 30 from 9-11.30am by Millwall Dock in Westferry Road. Contact Ben Fenton on 07920 230 970.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
Everyone is welcome and Wellington boots, gloves and socks will be provided.
For more information visit www.thames21.org.uk.