Kids get stuck in mud planting shrubs by A12 Blackwall Tunnel
KIDS have been getting their hands grubby helping mums and dads planting shrubs to spruce up their neighbourhood park next to the busy A12 Blackwall Tunnel Approach to make their neighbourhood greener
KIDS have been getting their hands grubby helping mums and dads planting shrubs and flowers to spruce up their neighbourhood park.
Families in London's East End living by Poplar's Braithwaite Park, next to the busy A12 Blackwall Tunnel Approach, turned out at the weekend for the planting arranged by the 'Trees for Cities' charity.
The park was just a patch of grass after a tower block by that name was bulldozed in Abbot Road overlooking dual-carriageway.
You may also want to watch:
The charity came along last year and got everyone stuck in planting mixed shrub and perennial borders around the perimeter last year, while Tower Hamlets council laid down paths and installed 'natural' play equipment for the children.
The project supported by the Forestry Commission is part of Trees for Cities' mission to improve urban space with new plants and trees and bringing communities together to learn how look after their trees.
The charity returned on Saturday to get the kids involved in landscaping and, of course, more planting where they could get dirty and their mums wouldn't mind.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom