Kids splash out on having fun in the sun
WHAT a splash the kids made of the hot weather at the weekend. They played it real cool as temperatures hit the 90s.But no-one minded. It was the kids’ annual Water Festival in East London
WHAT a splash the kids made of the hot weather at the weekend.
They played it real cool as temperatures hit the 90s.
The youngsters like 10-year-old Ruqyyah Ayaz, her eight-year-old sister Khadijah and their play pal Shazmin Naeem, who’s 10, got soaked to the skin splashing about in the fountains in the park.
But no-one minded. It was the kids’ annual Water Festival at Mile End Park in East London, organised by Tower Hamlets Council.
They could do what they like—as long as they remembered to bring a change of clothes.
The park rangers last year got more than they bargained for when kids turned the hoses on them.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 3 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 6 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 7 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 9 Man accused of Yasmin Begum killing denies murder and burglary
- 10 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
But this time the rangers knew better—and kept well out of the way while the East End kids got on with the serious business of making a splash in their neighbourhood.