Kids splash out on having fun in the sun
WHAT a splash the kids made of the hot weather at the weekend. They played it real cool as temperatures hit the 90s.But no-one minded. It was the kids’ annual Water Festival in East London
WHAT a splash the kids made of the hot weather at the weekend.
They played it real cool as temperatures hit the 90s.
The youngsters like 10-year-old Ruqyyah Ayaz, her eight-year-old sister Khadijah and their play pal Shazmin Naeem, who’s 10, got soaked to the skin splashing about in the fountains in the park.
But no-one minded. It was the kids’ annual Water Festival at Mile End Park in East London, organised by Tower Hamlets Council.
They could do what they like—as long as they remembered to bring a change of clothes.
The park rangers last year got more than they bargained for when kids turned the hoses on them.
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 4 Almost 3,000 Barts Health hospital staff yet to have Covid jab, figures show
- 5 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 6 How many alcohol-related fires were there in your borough last year?
- 7 Burial and cremation fees rise at City of London Cemetery and Crematorium
- 8 ‘Manhattanisation’ of Isle of Dogs concerns residents
- 9 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 10 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
But this time the rangers knew better—and kept well out of the way while the East End kids got on with the serious business of making a splash in their neighbourhood.