Kids splash out on having fun in the sun
WHAT a splash the kids made of the hot weather at the weekend. They played it real cool as temperatures hit the 90s.But no-one minded. It was the kids’ annual Water Festival in East London
WHAT a splash the kids made of the hot weather at the weekend.
They played it real cool as temperatures hit the 90s.
The youngsters like 10-year-old Ruqyyah Ayaz, her eight-year-old sister Khadijah and their play pal Shazmin Naeem, who’s 10, got soaked to the skin splashing about in the fountains in the park.
But no-one minded. It was the kids’ annual Water Festival at Mile End Park in East London, organised by Tower Hamlets Council.
You may also want to watch:
They could do what they like—as long as they remembered to bring a change of clothes.
The park rangers last year got more than they bargained for when kids turned the hoses on them.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
But this time the rangers knew better—and kept well out of the way while the East End kids got on with the serious business of making a splash in their neighbourhood.