Kids splash out on having fun in the sun
WHAT a splash the kids made of the hot weather at the weekend. They played it real cool as temperatures hit the 90s.But no-one minded. It was the kids’ annual Water Festival in East London
WHAT a splash the kids made of the hot weather at the weekend.
They played it real cool as temperatures hit the 90s.
The youngsters like 10-year-old Ruqyyah Ayaz, her eight-year-old sister Khadijah and their play pal Shazmin Naeem, who’s 10, got soaked to the skin splashing about in the fountains in the park.
But no-one minded. It was the kids’ annual Water Festival at Mile End Park in East London, organised by Tower Hamlets Council.
You may also want to watch:
They could do what they like—as long as they remembered to bring a change of clothes.
The park rangers last year got more than they bargained for when kids turned the hoses on them.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 3 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 4 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 5 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Lock-up garage space in Spitalfields used for social housing
- 8 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 9 Volunteers thanked for running East End food bank for 70 weeks
- 10 Volunteers patrol streets after Isle of Dogs fatal stabbing
But this time the rangers knew better—and kept well out of the way while the East End kids got on with the serious business of making a splash in their neighbourhood.