Kids splash out on having fun in the sun
WHAT a splash the kids made of the hot weather at the weekend. They played it real cool as temperatures hit the 90s.But no-one minded. It was the kids’ annual Water Festival in East London
WHAT a splash the kids made of the hot weather at the weekend.
They played it real cool as temperatures hit the 90s.
The youngsters like 10-year-old Ruqyyah Ayaz, her eight-year-old sister Khadijah and their play pal Shazmin Naeem, who’s 10, got soaked to the skin splashing about in the fountains in the park.
But no-one minded. It was the kids’ annual Water Festival at Mile End Park in East London, organised by Tower Hamlets Council.
You may also want to watch:
They could do what they like—as long as they remembered to bring a change of clothes.
The park rangers last year got more than they bargained for when kids turned the hoses on them.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
But this time the rangers knew better—and kept well out of the way while the East End kids got on with the serious business of making a splash in their neighbourhood.