Kids splash out on having fun in the sun
WHAT a splash the kids made of the hot weather at the weekend. They played it real cool as temperatures hit the 90s.But no-one minded. It was the kids’ annual Water Festival in East London
WHAT a splash the kids made of the hot weather at the weekend.
They played it real cool as temperatures hit the 90s.
The youngsters like 10-year-old Ruqyyah Ayaz, her eight-year-old sister Khadijah and their play pal Shazmin Naeem, who’s 10, got soaked to the skin splashing about in the fountains in the park.
But no-one minded. It was the kids’ annual Water Festival at Mile End Park in East London, organised by Tower Hamlets Council.
You may also want to watch:
They could do what they like—as long as they remembered to bring a change of clothes.
The park rangers last year got more than they bargained for when kids turned the hoses on them.
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 4 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 5 Bethnal Green rubbish 'attracts rats' as 'pingdemic' delays collections
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 Remembrance to Bethnal Green's ‘perfect storm’ fire tragedy 17 years on
- 8 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 9 Trial of Poplar and Limehouse MP opens on 'housing fraud' charges
- 10 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
But this time the rangers knew better—and kept well out of the way while the East End kids got on with the serious business of making a splash in their neighbourhood.