Kids up and away’ with their new play park in Wapping
KIDS were up, up and away with their new play area in London’s East End today. The balloons went up for the opening ceremony as Wapping neighbourhood gardens got a makeover
KIDS were up, up and away with their new play area in London’s East End today.
The balloons went up for the opening ceremony as Wapping neighbourhood gardens got a makeover.
Youngsters from Wapping Gardens One o’Clock Club joined Tower Hamlets councillor Abdul Ullah as he cut the ribbon.
You may also want to watch:
The youngsters then got on with the serious business of testing’ the new play equipment and games courts.
Nine out of 10 families in the East End live in flats, the highest ratio in London, along with Westminster. So the new open space is important when you’re growing up in an inner urban area like Wapping.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 4 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 8 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
The Town Hall has earmarked �2 million to improve parks in the East End, including Bethnal Green Gardens, Stepney Green, Allen Gardens, Tredegar Square, Poplar Park, St John’s Park, Millwall Park and Meath Gardens.