Kids up and away’ with their new play park in Wapping
KIDS were up, up and away with their new play area in London’s East End today. The balloons went up for the opening ceremony as Wapping neighbourhood gardens got a makeover
KIDS were up, up and away with their new play area in London’s East End today.
The balloons went up for the opening ceremony as Wapping neighbourhood gardens got a makeover.
Youngsters from Wapping Gardens One o’Clock Club joined Tower Hamlets councillor Abdul Ullah as he cut the ribbon.
You may also want to watch:
The youngsters then got on with the serious business of testing’ the new play equipment and games courts.
Nine out of 10 families in the East End live in flats, the highest ratio in London, along with Westminster. So the new open space is important when you’re growing up in an inner urban area like Wapping.
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 3 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 4 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 5 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 6 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 10 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
The Town Hall has earmarked �2 million to improve parks in the East End, including Bethnal Green Gardens, Stepney Green, Allen Gardens, Tredegar Square, Poplar Park, St John’s Park, Millwall Park and Meath Gardens.