Kids up and away’ with their new play park in Wapping
KIDS were up, up and away with their new play area in London’s East End today. The balloons went up for the opening ceremony as Wapping neighbourhood gardens got a makeover
KIDS were up, up and away with their new play area in London’s East End today.
The balloons went up for the opening ceremony as Wapping neighbourhood gardens got a makeover.
Youngsters from Wapping Gardens One o’Clock Club joined Tower Hamlets councillor Abdul Ullah as he cut the ribbon.
The youngsters then got on with the serious business of testing’ the new play equipment and games courts.
Nine out of 10 families in the East End live in flats, the highest ratio in London, along with Westminster. So the new open space is important when you’re growing up in an inner urban area like Wapping.
- 1 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 2 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 3 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 4 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 5 Whitechapel nun pens book of 12 stories to inspire selflessness in society
- 6 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 7 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
- 8 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 9 'Lucky' escape: Family flees Bethnal Green fire thanks to fire alarms
- 10 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
The Town Hall has earmarked �2 million to improve parks in the East End, including Bethnal Green Gardens, Stepney Green, Allen Gardens, Tredegar Square, Poplar Park, St John’s Park, Millwall Park and Meath Gardens.