Kids up and away’ with their new play park in Wapping
KIDS were up, up and away with their new play area in London’s East End today. The balloons went up for the opening ceremony as Wapping neighbourhood gardens got a makeover
KIDS were up, up and away with their new play area in London’s East End today.
The balloons went up for the opening ceremony as Wapping neighbourhood gardens got a makeover.
Youngsters from Wapping Gardens One o’Clock Club joined Tower Hamlets councillor Abdul Ullah as he cut the ribbon.
You may also want to watch:
The youngsters then got on with the serious business of testing’ the new play equipment and games courts.
Nine out of 10 families in the East End live in flats, the highest ratio in London, along with Westminster. So the new open space is important when you’re growing up in an inner urban area like Wapping.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
The Town Hall has earmarked �2 million to improve parks in the East End, including Bethnal Green Gardens, Stepney Green, Allen Gardens, Tredegar Square, Poplar Park, St John’s Park, Millwall Park and Meath Gardens.