Kim rocks ’em ‘Wilde’ in the isles at Mildmay’s Christmas carol concert
- Credit: Mildmay
A host of showbiz stars brought a sparkle to Mildmay Hospital’s Christmas carol concert in London’s East End to raise funds for its unique, world-renowned HIV treatment.
They arrived hot on the heals of Prince Harry’s visit earlier this month.
Kim Wilde had the audience singing along and jigging in their seats to Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree at the hospital fundraiser in Shoreditch.
“We had a great night supporting Mildmay,” she said. “We were listening to carols coupled with benefitting a truly wonderful cause—what’s not to like?”
Among the stars were TV’s Birds of a Feather charmer Linda Robson along with ex-EastEnders’ Anita Dobson, actor Robert Powell and TV presenters Darren Day and Richard Arnold.
You may also want to watch:
Mildmay fundraising director Kerry Reeves-Kneip said: “This has been quite a week for Mildmay.
“The artists gave their time and talent free to support the carol evening fundraiser, which followed the visit by Prince Harry—it almost feels unreal.”
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
The starry carol evening has raised £13,000—and the donations are still coming in.
Price Harry arrived earlier this month to cut the hospital’s 150th birthday cake, although the anniversary isn’t till the New Year. But don’t let the date spoil a good birthday bash.