Kpekawa extends Orient stay
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters will remain at Brisbane Road for another month after impressing Ian Hendon
Queens Park Rangers defender Cole Kpekawa has had his loan at Leyton Orient extended by another month.
The 19-year-old moved to Brisbane Road on an initial one-month youth loan on November 19 from the Championship outfit.
He has been involved in every game that he has been eligible to play in for the O’s since joining the club.
Kpekawa made his debut off the bench during the 3-2 win over York City on November 21 before starting in the 1-1 draw at Plymouth Argyle.
You may also want to watch:
The QPR man retained his place against AFC Wimbledon, despite captain Mathieu Baudry being fit, and shone against the Dons – helping Orient pick up a point despite having 10 men for over half an hour.
Unfortunately he was unable to feature for the east Londoners in their FA Cup clash against Scunthorpe United on December 5.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
But he returned to the starting team at Mansfield Town last weekend and slotted in at left-back without any fuss.
Again he wasn’t able to play at Glanford Park on Tuesday, due to the terms of his loan, but could be involved against Yeovil Town on Saturday.
Kpekawa has mainly played as a central defender for the O’s, but looked capable at full back last weekend.
The news of his extension will be a boost to head coach Ian Hendon and helps maintain the good competition for places in defence.