Labour condemns attack on councillor
THE Labour group on Tower Hamlets council has added its voice to condemnation of an assault on a fellow councillor in Bethnal Green. The Leader of the council, Lutfur Rahman on behalf of the Labour Group issued a statement about the attack on Liberal Dem
THE Labour group on Tower Hamlets council has added its voice to condemnation of an assault on a fellow councillor in Bethnal Green.
The Leader of the council, Lutfur Rahman on behalf of the Labour Group issued a statement about the attack on Liberal Democrat Abdul Matin saying: "We were deeply shocked to hear about this vicious attack on Cllr Matin. He is a very well respected member of the council and community and we look forward to his speedy recovery.
"In the meantime, we urge anyone who knows anything about this attack to contact the police."
Councillor Matin suffered head and facial injuries after the attack on Monday April 6 at the junction of Derbyshire Street and Vallance Road and has been treated in hospital for his injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses should contact the violent crime unit on 020 7 275 4546 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe