Labour councillor steps down due to ill health
A LABOUR councillor is stepping down due to ill health, it emerged today. Cllr Abdul Aziz Sardar said he will not be fighting for his Bromley-By-Bow seat in the next election because he is unwell . He would not go into detail but Cllr Sardar who has b
A LABOUR councillor is stepping down due to ill health, it emerged today.
Cllr Abdul Aziz Sardar said he will not be fighting for his Bromley-By-Bow seat in the next election because he is "unwell".
He would not go into detail but Cllr Sardar who has been a councillor in the area since the late 1980s told the Advertiser: "I have to look after my health.
"If I feel better after three or four months and if I have a chance I may stand again.
You may also want to watch:
"I like my Labour party and I am very dedicated and loyal to the party."
Chairman of the Labour Party, Graham Taylor confirmed that another Labour councillor would replace him and the final candidates would be announced next week.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 7 Photography celebrating Roman Road displayed in high street windows
- 8 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 9 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets