Lady Gaga paints her mark with East End Designer’ sale
THE Lady Gaga’ effect has come to London’s East End this weekend with the latest people’s catwalk’ show with top names selling off the rack with as much as 90 per cent discount at the Old Truman Brewery in Brick Lane
Two of the wannabe 'Lady Gagas' modelling their own coice on the catwalk
THE 'Lady Gaga' effect has come to London's East End this weekend with the latest 'people's catwalk' show with top names selling off the rack with as much as 90 per cent discount.
Top labels up for grabs at Designer Sales UK being held today (Sat) and tomorrow at the Old Truman Brewery in Brick Lane include Allegra Hicks, Vivienne Westwood, Galliano and Dior for men as well as women.
Elaine Foster Gandey has been running the Designer Sales four times a year for the last 20 years, starting in Soho. She claims to have begun the first 'designer' sales to the public.
Last year she created the 'Real People' catwalk show, with customers stepping up and modelling their own choice of clothes.
You may also want to watch:
Her "everyone is beautiful" sales pitch is simple and hits the mark every time.
"It's wrong that the catwalks are dominated by the tall and skinny," Elaine tells you. "Everyone who takes part gains such confidence."
She has extended the 'real people' catwalk concept this week with 'extreme' make-up by customers modelling on the catwalk having face and body 'paint' created on-the-spot by make-up artist Pamela Cochrane. It's a new trend which Pamela puts down to "probably something to do with Lady Gaga that people are going for."
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 6 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
The wannabe Lady Gagas include Justina with a feline look echoing the stalking patterns of her dress and Patchoulee's face all feathered to go with her peacock feather dress.