Lady Gaga paints her mark with East End Designer’ sale
THE Lady Gaga’ effect has come to London’s East End this weekend with the latest people’s catwalk’ show with top names selling off the rack with as much as 90 per cent discount at the Old Truman Brewery in Brick Lane
Two of the wannabe 'Lady Gagas' modelling their own coice on the catwalk
THE 'Lady Gaga' effect has come to London's East End this weekend with the latest 'people's catwalk' show with top names selling off the rack with as much as 90 per cent discount.
Top labels up for grabs at Designer Sales UK being held today (Sat) and tomorrow at the Old Truman Brewery in Brick Lane include Allegra Hicks, Vivienne Westwood, Galliano and Dior for men as well as women.
Elaine Foster Gandey has been running the Designer Sales four times a year for the last 20 years, starting in Soho. She claims to have begun the first 'designer' sales to the public.
Last year she created the 'Real People' catwalk show, with customers stepping up and modelling their own choice of clothes.
You may also want to watch:
Her "everyone is beautiful" sales pitch is simple and hits the mark every time.
"It's wrong that the catwalks are dominated by the tall and skinny," Elaine tells you. "Everyone who takes part gains such confidence."
She has extended the 'real people' catwalk concept this week with 'extreme' make-up by customers modelling on the catwalk having face and body 'paint' created on-the-spot by make-up artist Pamela Cochrane. It's a new trend which Pamela puts down to "probably something to do with Lady Gaga that people are going for."
- 1 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 2 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 3 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 8 Campaign launched to 'clean up the Thames and help save world's oceans'
- 9 Hot tub and BBQ boats relaunched at Canary Wharf
- 10 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
The wannabe Lady Gagas include Justina with a feline look echoing the stalking patterns of her dress and Patchoulee's face all feathered to go with her peacock feather dress.