Last chance to save money on Tower Hamlets electricity bills
- Credit: Archant
Tower Hamlets residents could save an average of £130 on their energy bills.
The council’s T.H.E. Community Power scheme, which launched in 2012, uses an auction style system where energy companies put forward their most competitive rates to any resident who has signed up.
Those who took part in November’s auction have until Monday, January 13 to accept the offers made and switch providers.
Mayor of Tower Hamlets, Lutfur Rahman, said: “As energy prices continue to rise and the cold weather causing an increase in energy consumption it’s more important than ever for us to do what we can to help residents get the best deals possible.”
The council will be holding information roadshows to give residents advice on energy offers and allowing more people to sign up to the scheme.
You may also want to watch:
These are taking place today at Chrisp Street Idea Store and tomorrow at Whitechapel Idea Store between 10am and 2pm.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
- 10 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing