Last chance to save money on Tower Hamlets electricity bills
- Credit: Archant
Tower Hamlets residents could save an average of £130 on their energy bills.
The council’s T.H.E. Community Power scheme, which launched in 2012, uses an auction style system where energy companies put forward their most competitive rates to any resident who has signed up.
Those who took part in November’s auction have until Monday, January 13 to accept the offers made and switch providers.
Mayor of Tower Hamlets, Lutfur Rahman, said: “As energy prices continue to rise and the cold weather causing an increase in energy consumption it’s more important than ever for us to do what we can to help residents get the best deals possible.”
The council will be holding information roadshows to give residents advice on energy offers and allowing more people to sign up to the scheme.
You may also want to watch:
These are taking place today at Chrisp Street Idea Store and tomorrow at Whitechapel Idea Store between 10am and 2pm.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns