Late night and Sunday opening planned when Stepney Post Office moves
- Credit: Archant
Longer hours are planned at one Post Office in London’s East End including late night and Sundays.
The extended service is proposed when Stepney Post Office at 502 Commercial Road moves to new ‘main’ style branch premises 150 yards away at an off-licence at 1 Westport Street.
A six-week public consultation now under way ends on February 14.
Regional manager Mark Lawrence said: “We understand how important having a Post Office is in Stepney and are confident the new branch will meet the needs of the community.”
The relocated Post Office would have a mix of open plan and traditional screen counter positions, open Monday to Sunday 8am-10pm, which means an extra 45-and-a-half hours a week including Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Public submissions can be made until February 14 by phone on 08457-223344, Textphone 08457-223355, Freepost to Post Office Ltd, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt