Laura runs London Marathon in ball gown for hospice charity
Laura Henson has been out practicing for the London Marathon through the East End—in a ball gown.
In fact, she’s doing the race on the day in a long, green Jessica McClintock gown, raising a hem and a few eyebrows on the 26-mile route.
Her friends will be cheering her along the way through East London on April 17, close to her home in Wapping.
The 32-year-old founder of 44Frocks, which holds designer dress parties in flats around London, is doing the run for Help The Hospices.
Laura’s grandfather James Nobles died in hospice care last year in North Carolina, so she is running in his honour.
You may also want to watch:
Picture from WhatsinWapping website
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 3 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Families tell developers what's needed on Poplar's Teviot estate at fun day
- 10 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing