Lawyers open free legal advice clinic in East End
A NEW free legal advice clinic’ is being opened in London’s deprived East End. Fortnightly sessions are to run each Tuesday evening for a three-month trial period from November 24 with advice in areas including business law
A NEW free legal advice 'clinic' is being opened in London's deprived East End.
Fortnightly sessions are to run each Tuesday evening for a three-month trial period from November 24 with face-to-face initial advice in areas including business law.
They are being held at Bethnal Green by Wragge & Co law firm in partnership with not-for-profit co-operative called Account3, University House legal advice and LawWorks pro bono charity.
"A good number of lawyers have already volunteered," said Lorna Gavin from Wragge & Co. "Giving hands-on legal advice and guidance at the Bethnal Green clinic adds an important pillar to our pro bono activity."
You may also want to watch:
This is the second clinic the law firm has helped set up in two years, following a similar project in Birmingham providing advice on debt, welfare benefits and consumer issues.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 Tower of London's Queen raven feared dead
- 8 Lockdown dancing in your own living room goes online from Canary Wharf
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Hunt for bogus health worker who gave fake Covid jab to woman of 92