Lawyers open free legal advice clinic in East End
A NEW free legal advice clinic’ is being opened in London’s deprived East End. Fortnightly sessions are to run each Tuesday evening for a three-month trial period from November 24 with advice in areas including business law
A NEW free legal advice 'clinic' is being opened in London's deprived East End.
Fortnightly sessions are to run each Tuesday evening for a three-month trial period from November 24 with face-to-face initial advice in areas including business law.
They are being held at Bethnal Green by Wragge & Co law firm in partnership with not-for-profit co-operative called Account3, University House legal advice and LawWorks pro bono charity.
"A good number of lawyers have already volunteered," said Lorna Gavin from Wragge & Co. "Giving hands-on legal advice and guidance at the Bethnal Green clinic adds an important pillar to our pro bono activity."
You may also want to watch:
This is the second clinic the law firm has helped set up in two years, following a similar project in Birmingham providing advice on debt, welfare benefits and consumer issues.
- 1 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 2 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 3 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 10 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney