League Two season is curtailed with promotion and relegation confirmed
- Credit: PA
League Two Clubs have voted by an overwhelming majority to formally end the 2019/20 season.
The division had previously indicated their preference for curtailment but following today’s Extraordinary General Meeting, clubs were required to pass a resolution in accordance with Regulation 9A.
As a result the final League standings have now been confirmed meaning that Swindon Town have been confirmed as champions with Crewe Alexandra and Plymouth Argyle securing the second and third automatic promotion places to League One.
Cheltenham Town, Exeter City, Colchester United and Northampton Town will contest the Sky Bet Play-Offs with the following schedule agreed:
You may also want to watch:
Thursday 18th June
Colchester United v Exeter City – 5.15pm
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 8 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 9 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 10 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
Northampton Town v Cheltenham Town – 7.45pm
Monday 22nd June
Exeter City v Colchester United - 5.15pm
Cheltenham Town v Northampton Town – 8.00pm
Final (Wembley Stadium)
Monday 29th June 7.30pm
Under the proposals agreed by clubs, the 24th-placed club in the League Two table will be relegated to the National League provided the Board receives the necessary assurances that the National League will start Season 2020/21 (i.e. the relegated Club in League Two has somewhere to play).
Due to ongoing disciplinary matters, the final placings cannot yet be confirmed.