Leaked’ candidates list no secret—we’re out canvassing!
Dear Ed, I AM not sure why the East London Advertiser website says that the list of Tower Hamlets Labour candidates (for May 6 local elections) has been leaked.’ It is no secret. We’re out campaigning in London’s East End right now!
I AM not sure why the East London Advertiser website says that the list of Tower Hamlets Labour candidates (for the May 6 local council elections) has been 'leaked' (Advertiser Website, February 23).
It is no secret. We're out campaigning across all 17 wards in London's East End right now.
I am glad the website is giving covering to Rabina Khan, a prominent author and community activist who is set to take back Shadwell from Respect, along with fearsome campaigner Alibor Choudhury.
Cllr Claire Hawkins is standing down in Mile End & Globe Town ward and will be sorely missed. But she has a fine replacement in Amy Whitelock, who brings strong community campaigning experience to make up the team of three along with Cllr Rofique Ahmed-and me!
So the Labour candidates for 2010 are no secret-they will be knocking at a door near you soon!
Cllr Bill Turner (Lab)
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 ‘Manhattanisation’ of Isle of Dogs concerns residents
Mile End & Globe Town ward
Tower Hamlets Council
Town Hall, Blackwall
EDITOR: Labour Party London regional office has refused to give a list to the Advertiser, even if not complete, despite weeks of nagging. The names we published were leaked to us. Thanks for adding more names, Bill.