Learn arts and crafts at Back to Basics Christmas fair
A new East End arts and crafts group will hold its first Christmas fair this weekend with visitors encouraged to make their own gifts.
Back to Basics, which opened in October in Old Ford Road to offer creative workshops, will welcome festive revellers to a hall behind The Gallery Cafe, also on Old Ford Road, on Saturday (December 4).
Activities include decoration and Christmas card making, a knitting and crochet-learning corner, gift wrapping and guides to making your own Christmas stockings.
Back to Basics is a not-for-profit organisation managed by independent charity St Margaret’s House.
It provides arts and crafts workshops in skills including singing, sewing, plush toy-making, stencil fabric painting and lino-cutting which are open to the public.
You may also want to watch:
The group is also planning to build up a membership scheme for local artists, who will be able to sell their works through market stalls at their Old Ford Road studio space.
The fair will be held from 11am to 4pm.
- 1 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 2 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 5 Leyton Orient agree new deal with defender Dan Happe
- 6 Travel: Roadworks at Shoreditch and Bishopsgate could slow traffic
- 7 Former Leyton Orient striker Lee Angol joins Bradford City
- 8 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 9 Fear of crime stalked households during Covid lockdown
- 10 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
For further details, visit backtobasicsartsandcrafts.blogspot.com.