Learn arts and crafts at Back to Basics Christmas fair
A new East End arts and crafts group will hold its first Christmas fair this weekend with visitors encouraged to make their own gifts.
Back to Basics, which opened in October in Old Ford Road to offer creative workshops, will welcome festive revellers to a hall behind The Gallery Cafe, also on Old Ford Road, on Saturday (December 4).
Activities include decoration and Christmas card making, a knitting and crochet-learning corner, gift wrapping and guides to making your own Christmas stockings.
Back to Basics is a not-for-profit organisation managed by independent charity St Margaret’s House.
It provides arts and crafts workshops in skills including singing, sewing, plush toy-making, stencil fabric painting and lino-cutting which are open to the public.
The group is also planning to build up a membership scheme for local artists, who will be able to sell their works through market stalls at their Old Ford Road studio space.
The fair will be held from 11am to 4pm.
- 1 Bow flat fire caused by sunlight on glass bottle
- 2 Men from Newham and Bow among seven jailed in organised crime crackdown
- 3 Fire brigade raises concerns over 51-storey Canary Wharf tower plans
- 4 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 5 Bow man accused of carrying out fatal hammer attack appears at Old Bailey
- 6 Crossrail: Canary Wharf station ready as Elizabeth Line nears opening
- 7 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 8 Japanese udon noodles chain to mark Canary Wharf opening with free bowls
- 9 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 10 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
For further details, visit backtobasicsartsandcrafts.blogspot.com.