Learn arts and crafts at Back to Basics Christmas fair
A new East End arts and crafts group will hold its first Christmas fair this weekend with visitors encouraged to make their own gifts.
Back to Basics, which opened in October in Old Ford Road to offer creative workshops, will welcome festive revellers to a hall behind The Gallery Cafe, also on Old Ford Road, on Saturday (December 4).
Activities include decoration and Christmas card making, a knitting and crochet-learning corner, gift wrapping and guides to making your own Christmas stockings.
Back to Basics is a not-for-profit organisation managed by independent charity St Margaret’s House.
It provides arts and crafts workshops in skills including singing, sewing, plush toy-making, stencil fabric painting and lino-cutting which are open to the public.
You may also want to watch:
The group is also planning to build up a membership scheme for local artists, who will be able to sell their works through market stalls at their Old Ford Road studio space.
The fair will be held from 11am to 4pm.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
For further details, visit backtobasicsartsandcrafts.blogspot.com.