Learn arts and crafts at Back to Basics Christmas fair
A new East End arts and crafts group will hold its first Christmas fair this weekend with visitors encouraged to make their own gifts.
Back to Basics, which opened in October in Old Ford Road to offer creative workshops, will welcome festive revellers to a hall behind The Gallery Cafe, also on Old Ford Road, on Saturday (December 4).
Activities include decoration and Christmas card making, a knitting and crochet-learning corner, gift wrapping and guides to making your own Christmas stockings.
Back to Basics is a not-for-profit organisation managed by independent charity St Margaret’s House.
It provides arts and crafts workshops in skills including singing, sewing, plush toy-making, stencil fabric painting and lino-cutting which are open to the public.
You may also want to watch:
The group is also planning to build up a membership scheme for local artists, who will be able to sell their works through market stalls at their Old Ford Road studio space.
The fair will be held from 11am to 4pm.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 4 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 5 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 6 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 9 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End
For further details, visit backtobasicsartsandcrafts.blogspot.com.