Lee returns early from loan
- Credit: Archant
Ian Hendon has called young midfielder back from his loan at Welling United
Leyton Orient head coach Ian Hendon revealed he would be making changes after Saturday’s defeat to Accrington Stanley and one of the first is to bring Harry Lee back to the club.
The midfielder has been on-loan at National League outfit Welling United since the middle of August.
He moved to the Wings on an initial one-month deal, which was extended in September until January 9 with a recall option agreed between the two teams.
And Hendon has decided to do just that and bring the 20-year-old back to Brisbane Road now that he is fully match fit after suffering an injury during pre-season.
You may also want to watch:
Lee has enjoyed a large degree of success with Welling and, after making his debut off the bench against Macclesfield on August 15, has gone on to make 16 starts for the club.
The Orient academy graduate didn’t feature for the Wings in their FA Cup campaign and therefore is available for the O’s on Saturday when they host Ryman Premier outfit Staines Town in the first round of the competition at Brisbane Road.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
Hendon is believed to hold the midfielder in high regard and has previous praised his versatility as well as his attitude.
Lee featured at left-back during the summer and could provide cover in that area if required, but he’ll hope to impress in training this week and get an opportunity this weekend in midfield.