Orient to install new post-match membership procedure in Legends’ Lounge
- Credit: Archant
The O’s CEO Danny Macklin confirmed the club will issue banning orders for any anti-social behaviour involving Orient fans
Leyton Orient are set to install a new post-match membership procedure in the popular Legends’ Lounge, situated in the West Stand, after an incident involving Sutton United midfielder Nicky Bailey and O’s fans on Saturday.
A statement issued on behalf of both National League clubs, read: “Leyton Orient has conducted an investigation into an alleged incident that occurred following Saturday’s match against Sutton United; speaking to witnesses and representatives from Sutton.”
Orient chief executive Danny Maclin said: “In order to make the popular Legends’ Lounge as family-friendly as possible, we will be installing a new post-match membership with full details to be confirmed in the coming days.
“In any future instances of anti-social behaviour, specifically on club premises, we will not hesitate in issuing banning orders.”
You may also want to watch:
Sutton United chairman Bruce Elliott added: “We are very grateful to Leyton Orient for their prompt action in investigating the matter.
“As a result of the events of Saturday we will be reminding all our players of the FA guidance concerning the use of social media and the correct procedures to follow in such circumstances.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
The O’s will confirm the new membership procedure in due course and no further comment will be made.