Legzdins departs Brisbane Road
- Credit: Archant
Goalkeeper thanks club and supporters after leaving following injury-hit first campaign
Leyton Orient have confirmed goalkeeper Adam Legzdins has left the club by mutual consent despite having another year left on his contract.
The 28-year-old signed for the club last summer from Derby County but endured an injury-hit 2014/15 campaign.
He only made 13 appearances for the club throughout the season after struggling with a shoulder injury for a large chunk of the year.
Legzdins started the campaign as Orient number one but failed to make an appearance following a shoulder injury he picked up during the Boxing Day victory against Crawley Town.
You may also want to watch:
A statement on the club website, read: “Leyton Orient would like to thank Adam for his efforts at the club and wish him well for the future.”
Legzdins took to Twitter to thank the club and the fans success in the future and confirmed the decision was made before Ian Hendon was appointed as head coach.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
He said: “I wish Leyton Orient and their incredible fans every success and happiness in the future!
“I have met some truly wonderful people at the great club. The decision was made long before the appointment of the new manager and I wish him and the players every success for the 2015/16 season!”