Len and Dolly collect record Poppy Day cash for British Legion
LEN and Dolly Page have broken the record for raising cash for the annual British legion poppy appeal.The couple collected �51,087 for the Poplar British Legion branch in East London and got a big thank you tonight from Farms Minister Jim Fitzpatrick their local MP
LEN and Dolly Page have done it again. They've broken the record for raising cash for the annual British legion poppy appeal.
The couple collected �51,087 last month for the Poplar British Legion branch in East London and got a big thank you tonight from Farms Minister Jim Fitzpatrick (pictured with them) who is also their local MP.
Jim said: “The new amount collected last month is fantastic and beats their previous year's collection by a massive �9,000.”
Len and Dolly organised record collections in Poplar's Chrisp Street Market and nearby Canary Wharf business district last month.
You may also want to watch:
As an added bonus, staff in the Bow Road Branch of Barclays Bank donated another �300 from their unclaimed accounts fund when Len paid the money in to the British Legion account.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 5 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?