Len and Dolly collect record Poppy Day cash for British Legion
LEN and Dolly Page have broken the record for raising cash for the annual British legion poppy appeal.The couple collected �51,087 for the Poplar British Legion branch in East London and got a big thank you tonight from Farms Minister Jim Fitzpatrick their local MP
LEN and Dolly Page have done it again. They've broken the record for raising cash for the annual British legion poppy appeal.
The couple collected �51,087 last month for the Poplar British Legion branch in East London and got a big thank you tonight from Farms Minister Jim Fitzpatrick (pictured with them) who is also their local MP.
Jim said: “The new amount collected last month is fantastic and beats their previous year's collection by a massive �9,000.”
Len and Dolly organised record collections in Poplar's Chrisp Street Market and nearby Canary Wharf business district last month.
You may also want to watch:
As an added bonus, staff in the Bow Road Branch of Barclays Bank donated another �300 from their unclaimed accounts fund when Len paid the money in to the British Legion account.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19