Len and Dolly collect record Poppy Day cash for British Legion
LEN and Dolly Page have broken the record for raising cash for the annual British legion poppy appeal.The couple collected �51,087 for the Poplar British Legion branch in East London and got a big thank you tonight from Farms Minister Jim Fitzpatrick their local MP
LEN and Dolly Page have done it again. They've broken the record for raising cash for the annual British legion poppy appeal.
The couple collected �51,087 last month for the Poplar British Legion branch in East London and got a big thank you tonight from Farms Minister Jim Fitzpatrick (pictured with them) who is also their local MP.
Jim said: “The new amount collected last month is fantastic and beats their previous year's collection by a massive �9,000.”
Len and Dolly organised record collections in Poplar's Chrisp Street Market and nearby Canary Wharf business district last month.
As an added bonus, staff in the Bow Road Branch of Barclays Bank donated another �300 from their unclaimed accounts fund when Len paid the money in to the British Legion account.
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 3 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 4 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 5 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 6 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 7 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 8 Shoreditch Park Academy officially opens its doors
- 9 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 10 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year