Len and Dolly collect record Poppy Day cash for British Legion
LEN and Dolly Page have broken the record for raising cash for the annual British legion poppy appeal.The couple collected �51,087 for the Poplar British Legion branch in East London and got a big thank you tonight from Farms Minister Jim Fitzpatrick their local MP
LEN and Dolly Page have done it again. They've broken the record for raising cash for the annual British legion poppy appeal.
The couple collected �51,087 last month for the Poplar British Legion branch in East London and got a big thank you tonight from Farms Minister Jim Fitzpatrick (pictured with them) who is also their local MP.
Jim said: “The new amount collected last month is fantastic and beats their previous year's collection by a massive �9,000.”
Len and Dolly organised record collections in Poplar's Chrisp Street Market and nearby Canary Wharf business district last month.
You may also want to watch:
As an added bonus, staff in the Bow Road Branch of Barclays Bank donated another �300 from their unclaimed accounts fund when Len paid the money in to the British Legion account.
- 1 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 2 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 3 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 8 Campaign launched to 'clean up the Thames and help save world's oceans'
- 9 Hot tub and BBQ boats relaunched at Canary Wharf
- 10 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire