Lennox Lewis gives boxing masterclass to top City financiers
FORMER undisputed World Heavyweight Champ Lennox Lewis is visiting East London for a boxing master class’ at a City workers’ gym. Lennox is conducting the one-hour session for 25 members of the Real Fight Club in Shoreditch for charity
FORMER undisputed World Heavyweight Champ Lennox Lewis is visiting East London for a boxing 'master class' at a City workers' gym.
Lennox is conducting the one-hour session for 25 members of the Real Fight Club in Shoreditch who are all making personal donations to charity.
"It's a dream come true for any boxing fan!" said one of the lucky members, equity financier Simon Russell. "I can't believe I'll get be training with Lewis and get first hand tips into the bargain!"
The club organizes 'white collar' training and boxing evenings for members who by day run leading companies and charities. Its latest flagship City gym which opened in 2007 has 500 members.
You may also want to watch:
The club, which has raised more than �1.5 million for charities around the world, has pioneered 'white collar' and 'celebrity' boxing in the past nine years with the BBC with no injuries other than the occasional bloody nose.
Modern-day Corinthians all have to go back to the office the next day-usually to a hero's welcome.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 4 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Rabina Khan: 'We need powers to hold housing associations accountable'
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift