Lennox Lewis gives boxing masterclass to top City financiers
FORMER undisputed World Heavyweight Champ Lennox Lewis is visiting East London for a boxing master class’ at a City workers’ gym. Lennox is conducting the one-hour session for 25 members of the Real Fight Club in Shoreditch for charity
FORMER undisputed World Heavyweight Champ Lennox Lewis is visiting East London for a boxing 'master class' at a City workers' gym.
Lennox is conducting the one-hour session for 25 members of the Real Fight Club in Shoreditch who are all making personal donations to charity.
"It's a dream come true for any boxing fan!" said one of the lucky members, equity financier Simon Russell. "I can't believe I'll get be training with Lewis and get first hand tips into the bargain!"
The club organizes 'white collar' training and boxing evenings for members who by day run leading companies and charities. Its latest flagship City gym which opened in 2007 has 500 members.
You may also want to watch:
The club, which has raised more than �1.5 million for charities around the world, has pioneered 'white collar' and 'celebrity' boxing in the past nine years with the BBC with no injuries other than the occasional bloody nose.
Modern-day Corinthians all have to go back to the office the next day-usually to a hero's welcome.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 9 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 10 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72