Lennox takes on City bosses in ring for quick lunchtime bout
FORMER World Heavyweight champ Lennox Lewis threw a few punches when he arrived in East London for a boxing master class’ at a City workers’ gym. Lennox was holding a one-hour session for the Real Fight Club in Shoreditch
FORMER World Heavyweight Champ Lennox Lewis threw a few punches when he arrived in East London for a boxing 'master class' at a City workers' gym.
Lennox was holding a one-hour session yesterday for 25 members of the Real Fight Club in Shoreditch run for City company bosses who like to keep fit in their lunch hour.
One club member, financier Simon Russell, said: "I can't believe we were getting training with Lennox Lewis and first-hand advice into the bargain! It was a dream come true for any boxing fan!"
The masterclass at the club off Great Eastern Street was in support of Kids' Company and Angus Lawson Memorial Trust charities.
The club, part of a chain which has raised �1.5 million for charities around the world, runs 'white collar' and 'celebrity' boxing with no injuries other than the occasional bloody nose.
Modern-day Corinthians all have to go back to the office the next day, usually to a hero's welcome.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 2 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 3 Tower Hamlets neighbours must 'temporarily leave' and pay £85k for building repairs
- 4 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 5 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 6 Covid: Weekly admissions halve as patient counts drop to July 2021 levels
- 7 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 8 Police looking for missing man last seen leaving hospital
- 9 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 10 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
But no-one got a bloody nose from Lennox among the 'white collar' company bosses who like to keep in shape in these 'leaner and fitter' times.