Lennox takes on City bosses in ring for quick lunchtime bout
FORMER World Heavyweight champ Lennox Lewis threw a few punches when he arrived in East London for a boxing master class’ at a City workers’ gym. Lennox was holding a one-hour session for the Real Fight Club in Shoreditch
FORMER World Heavyweight Champ Lennox Lewis threw a few punches when he arrived in East London for a boxing 'master class' at a City workers' gym.
Lennox was holding a one-hour session yesterday for 25 members of the Real Fight Club in Shoreditch run for City company bosses who like to keep fit in their lunch hour.
One club member, financier Simon Russell, said: "I can't believe we were getting training with Lennox Lewis and first-hand advice into the bargain! It was a dream come true for any boxing fan!"
The masterclass at the club off Great Eastern Street was in support of Kids' Company and Angus Lawson Memorial Trust charities.
You may also want to watch:
The club, part of a chain which has raised �1.5 million for charities around the world, runs 'white collar' and 'celebrity' boxing with no injuries other than the occasional bloody nose.
Modern-day Corinthians all have to go back to the office the next day, usually to a hero's welcome.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 7 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
But no-one got a bloody nose from Lennox among the 'white collar' company bosses who like to keep in shape in these 'leaner and fitter' times.