Lennox takes on City bosses in ring for quick lunchtime bout
FORMER World Heavyweight champ Lennox Lewis threw a few punches when he arrived in East London for a boxing master class’ at a City workers’ gym. Lennox was holding a one-hour session for the Real Fight Club in Shoreditch
FORMER World Heavyweight Champ Lennox Lewis threw a few punches when he arrived in East London for a boxing 'master class' at a City workers' gym.
Lennox was holding a one-hour session yesterday for 25 members of the Real Fight Club in Shoreditch run for City company bosses who like to keep fit in their lunch hour.
One club member, financier Simon Russell, said: "I can't believe we were getting training with Lennox Lewis and first-hand advice into the bargain! It was a dream come true for any boxing fan!"
The masterclass at the club off Great Eastern Street was in support of Kids' Company and Angus Lawson Memorial Trust charities.
You may also want to watch:
The club, part of a chain which has raised �1.5 million for charities around the world, runs 'white collar' and 'celebrity' boxing with no injuries other than the occasional bloody nose.
Modern-day Corinthians all have to go back to the office the next day, usually to a hero's welcome.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 8 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
But no-one got a bloody nose from Lennox among the 'white collar' company bosses who like to keep in shape in these 'leaner and fitter' times.