O’s set to rotate squad for Trophy clash at Wimbledon
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient will continue to use League Trophy as a chance to rotate the squad says coach Ross Embleton.
The O's will take on League One outfit AFC Wimbledon at Kingsmeadow this evening (Tuesday, 7.45pm) as they look to build on their previous win in the competition against Southend United.
Orient will make a number of changes from the side that sealed a 1-0 victory over Northampton Town on the weekend.
It is expected that the likes of goalkeeper Sam Sargeant, defenders Myles Judd, Shadrach Ogie and striker James Alabi among others will be handed chances to impress just like in the win over the Shrimpers.
"For me I enjoy the competition as I think there are a number of our players that it gives a chance to and I said it when we played Southend, it's a competition where I think we can give people a real opportunity to play their way into the team.
You may also want to watch:
"The evidence of that is when we played Southend, Gormo (Dale Gorman) and George Marsh got into the team pretty quickly after that.
"There will certainly be changes to the team to give people opportunities and to give people minutes on the pitch.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
"Let's build again and go out on Tuesday to get another result."