Leyton Orient agree fee for Barnet’s Luke Gambin
- Credit: Archant
East Londoners have £100,000 offer accepted for winger by fellow League Two club
Leyton Orient have agreed a fee with Barnet for the transfer of Luke Gambin in excess of £100,000.
The north London club released a statement earlier this evening confirming the 23-year-old has been placed on the transfer list following the offer by the O’s.
A statement on Barnet’s official club website read: “Luke has been the subject of interest from a number of League One and League Two sides over the past few weeks.
“The club have offered the winger a new contract but it has been rejected by the player’s agents, who would like to see Luke move on or leave on a free transfer at the end of his current deal.
You may also want to watch:
“Barnet Football Club do not wish to develop players only to lose them on a free transfer, so have made the 23-year-old available with immediate effect.”
Gambin was on the bench for the Bees today against Carlisle United as they lost 1-0 in League Two, but come on and played the final 30 minutes.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
He shone in both matches against the O’s last season and inspired their 3-0 victory at the Hive.
Orient will now hope to complete the transfer before the summer window shuts on Wednesday night at 11pm.