Leyton Orient allow Sean Clohessy to leave Brisbane Road
- Credit: Archant
Ex-Colchester United right-back departs Brisbane Road with immediate effect and is free to join another Football League club
Leyton Orient have terminated the contract of full back Sean Clohessy by immediate effect.
The 29-year-old started the new campaign as first choice, but has recently lost his place in the starting XI to Nicky Hunt.
A statement on the official club website this evening read: “Orient can confirm that the club and Sean Clohessy have mutually agreed to terminate the defender’s contract.
“The club would like to thank Sean for his services to the football club and wishes him well for the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Clohessy moved to Brisbane Road last summer under previous head coach Ian Hendon and was initially first choice.
He lost his place in the team when Kevin Nolan took over in January, but still made 47 appearances in all competitions – often being fielded at right midfielder for the second part of the campaign.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
With Hunt out injured, Clohessy began the current season as first choice right-back, but lost his place before the Stevenage match on August 16.
It is understood the defender was told he was starting the clash against Boro before then being placed on the bench.
The ex-Southend United right-back hasn’t featured in a match day squad since and has now departed the club.