Leyton Orient and Barnet play out stalemate at the Hive
- Credit: Archant
Friendly: Barnet 0 Leyton Orient 0
Leyton Orient and Barnet played out a goalless draw in a friendly match at the Hive yesterday afternoon.
The O’s used the match to give minutes to some of the younger members of their squad as well as senior forward Matt Harrold.
Harrold only returned from a three-week absence as a second-half substitute during the 2-2 draw at Wrexham on Saturday.
Sam Sargeant was handed an opportunity in goal while Myles Judd, Michael Clark, Aron Pollock, Christian Scales, Henry Ochieng, Charley Barker, Sam Dalby and Josh Koroma all started.
You may also want to watch:
Dalby had the first shot on goal for Orient, but couldn’t beat Barnet’s goalkeeper before Harrold drilled a free kick wide.
Pollock headed a Barker set-piece over soon after before the first half come to an end in north London with the score still goalless.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
O’s created the first opportunity of note in the second half when Judd picked out Dalby, but his shot was pushed wide.
Ruel Sotiriou replaced Harrold with 61 on the clock while Judd and Scales made way with nine minutes left at the Hive.
Sargeant was called into action late on, but showed good concentration to thwart Barnet and ensure the game finished without a goal.