Leyton Orient and Dagenham & Redbridge well represented in latest England C international
- Credit: Archant
The two National League clubs from east London had five players involved in Paul Fairclough’s starting XI on Sunday
Almost half of the England C starting XI against a Republic of Ireland Amateurs team on Sunday was made up of Leyton Orient and Dagenham & Redbridge players.
The managerless Daggers had Luke Pennell, Charlee Adams and Fejiri Okenabirhie all in Paul Fairclough’s starting team at the Whitehall Stadium.
Meanwhile Orient had Sam Ling and Josh Koroma involved from the off, but they could not prevent England C losing 4-2 to their more experienced rivals.
Pennell did get on the scoresheet for his country to equalise and ensure it was level with the score 1-1 at half time.
You may also want to watch:
Koroma played the first half before he was replaced by Tom Walker at the break and Ling remained on the pitch for the second half, but was brought off with 56 on the clock for Alex Brown with Republic of Ireland Amateurs 2-1 up.
England C did manage to level again, but the hosts ran out deserved 4-2 winners with Daggers trio Pennell, Adams and Okenabirhie playing the whole match.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
Nevertheless, it was a good work-out for Fairclough’s side and a proud moment for both Orient and Dagenham to have so many players involved in the international.